• Home  / 
  • Entertainment
  •  /  Anna Faris ‘Very Fortunate’ Because She Was Spared From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Anna Faris ‘Very Fortunate’ Because She Was Spared From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

anna faris

Anna Faris has something to be thankful for in Thanksgiving after she had a grisly encounter with carbon monoxide.

The 43 year old actress celebrated Thanksgiving at a rented vacation home in Lake Tahoe, California, while several of their companions have had complaints of being ill.

The group of 13 at first wrote it off as potential altitude sickness, the North Tahoe Fire Protection District said in a press release.

Several fire departments in the Lake Tahoe area responded, including crews from North Meeks Bay Fire, North Lake Tahoe Fire and Truckee Fire.

“I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate,” Anna Faris took to Twitter to extend her thanks.

North Tahoe Fire also responded to the actress’ tweet.

“So #thankful for a happy ending to this #carbonmonoxide #co incident. Never assume you are safe, check your alarms whenever you #Travel!,” they said.

Apparently, the lake house did not have carbon monoxide detectors, as per the authorities.

“I think there’s a series of events here that unfolded that made this a fortunate near-miss,” North Tahoe Fire Protection District Fire Chief Michael Schwartz told KOLO-TV. “Otherwise I think we would be talking about a Thanksgiving Day tragedy.”

“It’s not a bad idea to consider bringing your own alarm when you travel, just to be safe,” North Tahoe Fire Chief Mike Schwartz continued.

 

Click here to add a comment

Leave a comment: